Little Dalby is a small village near Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. The population is included in the civil parish of Burton and Dalby
The Little Dalby Estate is the Ernest Cook Trust’s largest and, in many ways, its most complete estate. Extending to 5,600 acres (23 km2), the estate was bought in two parts by Ernest Cook, the northern half from the Burns Harttop family in 1938 and the southern half from Brasenose College in 1940. A further 480 acres (1.9 km2) comprising Grange Farm, Leesthorpe, was purchased in 1977 with an additional 280 acres (1.1 km2), forming Jericho Farm, in 2000. The estate includes Burrough Hill hillfort.